.

Monday, August 19, 2019

Nokia Phones :: Cell Phones Communication Technology Essays

Nokia Phones At the beginning of 2002 when I use to commute from Des Moines , I was driving up I-235 heading to school in the breakdown lane at about 70 mph, with my Donuts coffee, trying to tune in that static filled sports radio channel that never comes in right, while I was trying to look for my friends phone number from an ISU web directory in my hp, and dial that number on my cell phone then I started asked myself â€Å"Have the mobile device geeks integrated all these features in one unit yet?† My search then began. I am a Nokia fan. I have used many Nokia phones my most recent former was a 7160. The 9290 is a logical upgrade. I use the built in cell phone modem feature on the Nokia phones and the interface with Outlook 2000 to turn the Nokia into a PIM, email appliance. I really like being able to receive and send faxes on this phone. It is about the size of cell phones from 3 years ago and I now do not have to carry my laptop on most out of campus short trips. For long trips, I still have to bring the Laptop. If all you need is a phone, this is overkill. If you need a portable office with full communication abilities, this is a great choice. It also has a speaker phone function and you can switch from regular handset held to your ear to speaker phone and back just by opening the clamshell case. The PIM is fully accessible while you are on speaker phone. I just love this Phone. It’s slim and not bulky like I thought. Yes it's larger than most phones, but most phones don't allow for wide screen Internet, voice recording, faxing, emailing, video playback, infra red transfer and the list goes on and on. One of the coolest things is simply the fact that if you have it closed and are on the phone, you can open it and it switches to speaker phone allowing you the option to surf. The battery is amazing too. I can use it for 3 days and still being fully charged. The reception on the phone is awesome. I have been told that people thought I was on a land line. I was torn between the Nokia 6800 because it is small, and flips open to become an Internet surfing phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment