.

Thursday, September 26, 2019

Filmmaking Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 4500 words - 1

Filmmaking - Essay Example I got to learn that the reflected-light meter does not always measure the light accurately because of the difference in reflectance and the result we thus get is underexposed. I learned that when I attempt to take a photo of a sunset, its brightness causes the reading of the light meter to become incorrect. This leads to the generation of an underexposed photo. In the still exercise, I realized that the camera’s aperture can be set as per the individual’s will. The setting of the aperture can be played with to generate stylish and artistic images. In the exercise, I found that one thing that is incredibly important for a director is the camera’s lenses. I was also taught the function of camera lenses. Learning the functionality of lenses was very interesting. One whole lecture was based on the filming exercise. During this exercise, I used a 50mm lens to get a medium close up, but the diameter of the lens decreased the depth of field and made the character isolat ed. Then I used a 12mm lens and took the camera closer to the character. This increased the depth of field and altered the composition of the shot altogether. As a result of this exercise, I learned that different lenses can be used to produce different images, and can totally change the significance of the background in a picture. Lenses are thus of prime cinematographic value. Lenses play a big role in making the photography adorable and the director can use them according to his/her style. Although I have learned quite a lot from the exercise, yet I have not sufficiently practiced what I have learned. Before directing the movie in the first term, I had a clear idea of what lenses to use when and I had also written some notes regarding use of lenses for different kinds of shots.  

No comments:

Post a Comment